Fruits are an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals and also, they are high in fibre. Fruits also provide a wide range of health-boosting antioxidants. Eating a diet high in fruits can reduce a person’s risk of developing heart diseases, cancer, inflammation and diabetes. And one of these fruits is green bananas. Let’s have a piece of knowledge about the benefits of green banana.
Bananas are among one the most popular fruits around the world. They’re high in potassium, dietary fibre, antioxidants and vitamins B6 and C. But the thing that you people may not know about bananas is that you don’t have to wait for them to turn yellow to enjoy them.
In fact, there are a few benefits of green banana that you don’t get when you eat yellow ones.
“Don’t go by its taste. The benefits of green banana may surprise you ”
Banana is said to be the most delicious, liked and nutrient-rich fruit. Also, we can eat this fruit in so many ways like banana chips, banana smoothies, fruit salad etc. Usually, when we go to the grocery shopping and look for in the fruits section, we see everyone go for ripened yellow bananas, one which does not have its brown spots yet is ripe and still non-sweet.
Most people skip over raw or green bananas because they are not aware of the benefits of eating green bananas. but there are actually lots of benefits to consuming green bananas.
Although some people disagree to eat green bananas, the benefits of green bananas might surprise some of you and it can also turn your life around.
Here are the benefits of green bananas
- Good for digestion: They will aid in digestion. Green bananas or raw bananas have a high amount of starch and fibre, which can help prevent any type of bloating and constipation during digestion. However, they should be eaten in a moderate amount.
- They regulate blood pressure. It can also lower the chances of tension and stress caused by higher blood pressure levels.
- High in potassium: They are high in potassium which is extremely important for lowering the stress level of our arteries and blood vessels in our body.
- Improve nutrient absorption: They improve nutrient absorption through our gut and improve overall well-being.
- Green bananas have “short-chain fatty acids” which helps in increasing the efficiency of absorbing nutrients.
- The high number of vitamins and minerals: green bananas contain a large number of essential vitamins and minerals which our body needs to operate efficiently.
- This also contains complex carbohydrates which our body needs for energy.
- Speed up in burning calories: They can also help speed up how quickly your body can burn calories. Green bananas are weight-loss-friendly food. Resistant starch in green bananas helps reduce your appetite and keeps you full for a long period of time.
- Boost metabolism: They are high in vitamin B6. Green bananas contain almost 40% of the daily value of B6 recommended.
- This vitamin helps in the formation of haemoglobin (the main component of our blood), aids in blood sugar control and plays a major role in hundreds of reactions in our body.
- They aid the functioning of your kidneys: A raw banana can help in maintaining the proper functioning of kidneys and minimize kidney issues too.
- They are great for diabetics: green bananas are a great option for diabetic patients who are fond of eating bananas. They can still consume green bananas without the sugar content. Also, full yellow bananas and those with brown spots have a higher sugar content so, these should be avoided.
If consuming and eating raw or green bananas is unpalatable for you, as they may be a bit more bitter and definitely a lot less sweet then you can easily always boil them, fry them or put them into shakes to make them tastier to consume.
How do green bananas helps get rid of diabetes?
Among all the benefits of green bananas, the most important is diabetes. What can be more interesting than eating fruit to cure diabetes! Diabetes has become more and more common among people.
Consumption of excessive amount of sugar can lead to obesity and severe health problems. People with diabetes are asked to avoid fruits like bananas. Which is a wrong idea! In fact, green bananas are the best for people with diabetes.
Both green and yellow bananas have their own perks, but people who have diabetes should lean towards the green ones.
You all may have noticed that bananas get sweeter when they are ripened. This is because of the bananas chemical composition which changes through the process of ripening turning from starch to sugar. And, this means the green raw bananas have much less sugar than the fully ripened bananas.
Surely now after knowing the benefits of green bananas you will see them in a totally different way while shopping. If you want your life to taste as good as bananas, don’t hesitate and go have them!